As a result of your use of the resources on the Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI), FGI may collect some information about you. Be assured, however, that your privacy and its protection are of utmost importance to FGI. The information on this page is provided to inform you of how we will use your information.
Data Collection. When you access information from the FGI website, information may be collected in three different ways:
- Website traffic data. Data collected by our server shows us how visitors traverse our website and which parts of the site are most often accessed. This information helps us analyze the effectiveness of our site so we can make it more user-friendly. Although it would be possible to track activity back to a specific computer, we do not collect such specific information as we are only interested in broad data about the use of our website.
- Cookies. First of all, you can disable cookies in your Web browser if you wish. However, because using them can make it easier to log into sites you frequently visit you may have enabled this feature, which will allow you to save your login information to features on the FGI website. These cookies do not collect information about you or your computer, and our server does not collect any information from the cookies either.
- Sign-up for our mailing list or to access information on the FGI website. You can sign up to receive periodic updates from FGI or to access certain documents on the FGI website; however, this is something you must choose to do. The information collected when you sign up is just what we need to provide you with relevant information and to contact you if necessary.
We assume all requests for information come from adults and will purge any information that we find comes from children.
Data Analysis. As mentioned above, usage statistics are collected from our Web server as one of several methods used to make our site more useful. As stated previously, this information will be collected and reviewed as anonymous statistical data. No individual statistics will be collected, and we will not undertake any other analysis of information collected from our site.
Data Sharing. We will make every effort to protect and preserve your privacy. However, if required by law or any legal process, we may disclose data collected from our website.
FGI will not share your personal information with any third party with one exception: If FGI were to merge with, be acquired by, or sell any of its assets to another company, the information that has been collected from this site would be transferred as part of the transaction.
Communications from FGI. Information collected from the FGI website will be used to communicate with you.
Participation. You maintain the following rights concerning personal information we may collect through our website, and you may contact us to:
- Ask if we have collected or are collecting information about you.
- Ask for a copy of information we have collected about you.
- Ask that we purge all information collected about you and stop collecting your information.
If you make such requests, we reserve the right to ask for proof of your identity and to deny your requests if you cannot provide such proof.
Related Links. The FGI website may include links to websites owned and operated by other nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions. This policy does not cover information contained within or gathered by those sites, and we are not responsible for their privacy policies.
Security. FGI has implemented technology and security policies we expect will reasonably protect the security of any personal information we collect from you. We respect your privacy and pledge to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Copyright – Use of Logo – Use of Material from the FGI Website – Reprints. FGI retains the copyright to the content of its website, unless otherwise noted.
To request permission to reprint or reuse information from this website, email us describing the intended use, including timeframe, along with your contact information.
Use of FGI’s logos without FGI’s prior consent is strictly prohibited. Please send written requests describing the intended use, timeframe, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photographs and Graphics. The photographs and graphics on our website are not available for reproduction by third parties. Similar stock images are available for a fee from stock image sources.
Linking Policy. If you want to link to the FGI website from another website, please note that you cannot use the FGI website without first asking permission (see above).
FGI is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. As stated above, information collected from you is used to improve our site to give you a better user experience and to respond to your requests for information.
- Web server traffic information. This information tells us the number of visitors to our site, how long they stay on the site, and links from other sites that led them to us. We collect aggregate data rather than individual user information, and we use this group data to improve our site and its services.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect e-mail addresses and other personal information only when our users submit them to us. If you fill out a form or request information, we may ask for your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Your Personal Information. FGI does not sell, trade, or rent our website visitors’ personal information to anyone unless noted on this page. We may use personal information you voluntarily provide to respond to your requests for interpretations or advisory opinions or other questions via e-mail. We may also add your e-mail address to our e-mail update list. An unsubscribe option is available at the bottom of our messages if you wish to be removed from our list.
Your Consent. By using the FGI website, you consent to the collection and use of your information as described above. Changes to this policy will be posted before they are implemented.
Your Choice. We recognize that you may at any time desire to limit the ways in which we contact you. To let us know, please email us with your full contact information asking us to:
- Remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations.
- Remove your name from FGI’s e-mail list.
- Remove your name from FGI’s postal mailing list.
- Review or correct the personal information we have for you.
Security. We keep your personal information confidential and stored in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please email us.
Cookies are data sent to your web browser from our website and stored on your computer; they do not contain any personal information. These anonymous data help us track which information on our website attracts the interest of our visitors and allows us to improve our website to support these interests.
IP addresses are used to analyze trends, administer our website, track visitor movements, and gather other broad information. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
Disclaimer. FGI strives to provide informative, timely, accurate material on our website. However, the information provided should not take the place of professional guidance or advice. FGI and others who provide information posted on this website are not responsible for errors or omissions in the information provided or any actions that result from use of such information. Corrections and additions to the content on the FGI website are made when necessary and as time permits.