HGRC Members 2014 Cycle
The Facility Guidelines Institute acknowledges and thanks the many people listed below who give of their time, knowledge, and talent, without compensation, to make the Guidelines the excellent document that it is. Without their commitment and dedication, the Guidelines would not be possible.
- Paul Evans Acre, PE, CHFM, Health Facilities Engineer
Arkansas Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Health Facility Services, Little Rock
- Maria Allo, MD, FACS, FCCM, Attending Surgeon
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Los Altos, Calif.
- Gene D. Barber, RA, CHFM, ACHE, System Director, Facilities Services
TriHealth Hospitals, Cincinnati
- Chad E. Beebe, AIA, CHFM, CFPS, CBO, SASHE, Director, Codes and Standards
American Society for Healthcare Engineering, Chicago
- Collin Beers, AIA, Principal
Stantec Architecture, Philadelphia
- Charis Bengston, LEED AP, BD+C, Design Planner
Mercy Health Ministries, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Roland M. Binker, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, Principal, Planning Director
AECOM, Arlington, Va.
- Sharon J. Bogdon, Health Facility Plan Review Supervisor
Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, Pa.
- William J. Bonn, III, Senior Fire Prevention Specialist
University of Utah, Environmental Health & Safety, Salt Lake City
- Daniel Buehler, AIA, Vice President for Facilities Management and Construction
AmSurg Corporation, Nashville, Tenn.
- Byron Burlingame, MS, RN, CNOR, Perioperative Nursing Specialist
Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, Center for Nursing Practice, Denver
- Christopher M. Burney, MS, CHFM, CPE
Executive Director of Planning, Design, and Construction
The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.
- Kenneth N. Cates, SASHE, Principal
Northstar Management Company, St. Louis
- Jon F. Cechvala, AIA, Senior Project Architect-Planner
Eppstein Uhen, Madison, Wis.
- Savita Chandragiri, AIA, NCARB, Architect
Arizona Department of Health Services, Phoenix
- Robert A. Cochran, AIA, FACHA
- James Comegys, RA, CEO, LEED AP, BD+C, Acting Director
New York State Department of Health, Division of Health Facility Planning, Bureau of Architectural and Engineering Facility Planning, Troy, N.Y.
- Ramona Conner, RN, MSN, CNOR, Manager, Standards and Recommended Practices
Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, Center for Nursing Practice, Denver
- Michael D. Coppedge, AIA, ACHA, Principal
Weller Architects PC, Albuquerque
- James R. Crabb, PE, LEED AP, President
PerryCrabb, Inc., Atlanta
- Glenn Crow, PhD, RA, Architect
Texas Department of State Health Services, Austin
- William H. Culver, Architectural Consultant and Director, Health Facility Plan Review & Construction Inspections
Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma City
- Joseph M. DeRosier, PE, CSP, Program Manager
University of Michigan Center for Healthcare Engineering and Patient Safety, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Linda Lashley Dickey, RN, MPH, Director, Epidemiology & Infection Prevention
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, Calif.
- John M. Dombrowski, PE, Branch Office Manager, Project Engineer, Commissioning Authority
H. F. Lenz Company, Conneaut, Ohio
- Brian Madden Dubey, AIA, CSI, ACHA, Contract Plans Review & Health Care Consultant
Health Code Services, Timonium, Md.
- Douglas S. Erickson, FASHE, CHFM, HFDP, CHC, President
TME, Inc., St. Louis
(Chairman, Health Guidelines Revision Committee)
- Owen B. Evans, MD, Chairman, Department of Pediatrics
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss.
- Patrice A. Fagen, RN, Program Coordinator
Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, Health Facilities Division, Des Moines
- Oslec B. Fernandez, RA, Facilities Director
Tampa General Hospital, Tampa
- Glenn S. A. Gall, AIA, Regional Supervisor
California Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development, Sacramento, Cal.
- Roger W. Gehrke Idaho AHJ Retired
- Daniel Gent, Project Engineer/Plan Review Manager
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, Mass.
- Warren N. Goodwin, FAIA, President
American Program Management, Brentwood, Tenn.
- Thomas C. Gormley, Vice President of Healthcare Services
URS Corporation, Nashville
- David A. Green, Executive in Residence
Business Success Center, Oshkosh, WI
- James R. (Skip) Gregory, NCARB, Consultant
Health Facility Consulting, Tallahassee, Fl.
- Richard Grulich, RA, LEED AP, BD+C, Architect
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Medical Center of Expertise, Alexandria, Va.
- Brenda J. Hackett, MT, CIC, MPH, Project Director, Clinical Operations, Office of Physician Relations
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Missouri City, Tex.
- Kendall K. Hall, MD, MS, FACEP, Medical Officer, Patient Safety Portfolio
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Md.
- Cory H. Hamilton, Design and Construction Manager
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- Jeffrey M. Hardin, PE, Deputy Director
Medical Facilities Center of Expertise, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, CEHNC-MX, Alexandria, Va.
- Maurene Harvey, RN, Nurse Educator-Consultant
Consultants in Critical Care, Inc., Glenbrook, Nev.
- Debra Hawks, MPH, Senior Director, Practice Activities
American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Washington, D.C.
- Robert J. Heidelbaugh, AIA, NCARB, Senior Project Manager
York Hospital, York, Pa.
- Richard D. Hermans, PE, HFDP, Director of Applications
McQuay International, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Todd W. Hite, PE, Environmental Engineer
Indiana State Department of Health, Plan Review Section, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Karen Hoffmann, RN, MS, CIC, FSHEA, Infection Preventionist
CMS/OCSQ Survey and Certification Group, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Andrea V. Hyde, ASID, International Healthcare Planning Consultant
- Gerald R. Inglett, RA, Architect
Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service, Dallas, Tex.
- Thomas W. Jaeger, PE, President
Jaeger & Associates, LLC, Great Falls, Va.
- Walter Jones, Senior Vice President, Preconstruction
- Thomas M. Jung, RA, New York AHJ Retired
- John P. Kouletsis, AIA, EDAC, Executive Director, Strategy, Planning & Design
Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Cal.
- Shannon Kraus, AIA, Associate Principal
HKS, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Tom C. Krejcie, MD, Professor & Associate Chair for Research
Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill.
- Roger Leib, Principal
Leib & Leib, Inc., Los Angeles
- Tom Leonidas, PE, President & CEO
Sophos Technology Consultants, Bellevue, Wash.
- Rebecca J. Lewis, AIA, CID, ACHA, Partner, Architect, Interior Designer
DSGW Architects, Duluth, Minn.
- Steven C. Lewis, Construction Chief
North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, Raleigh, N.C.
- Todd M. Liebert, AIA, NCARB, President
Clark Patterson Lee, Rochester, N.Y.
- William E. Lindeman, AIA, NCARB, President
WEL Designs PLC, Tucson, Ariz.
- Steve Lindsey, CEO
Garden Spot Village, New Holland, Pa.
- James T. Lussier, Founder/CEO
The Lussier Center/TLC, Bend, Ore.
- Charles S. Maggio, AIA, NCARB, Senior Vice President & National Director, Healthcare Practice
Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., New York City
- Eileen Malone, RN, MSN, MS, EDAC, Senior Partner
Mercury Healthcare Consulting LLC, Alexandria, Va.
- Stephen B. Martin, MS, PE, Division of Respiratory Disease Studies
NIOSH, Laboratory Research Branch, Morgantown, W.V.
- Christian A. Mason, President and CEO
Senior Housing Management, Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Kevin A. Matuszewski, AIA, LEED AP, Associate Vice President
Cannon Design, Chicago
- Mary Matz, MSPH, CPE, Patient Care Ergonomics Program Manager/Consultant Occupational Health Science Researcher
Veterans Health Administration, Tampa
- Robert Mayer, PhD, President
Hulda B. & Maurice L. Rothschild Foundation, Chicago
- Rita Rael Meek, RA, Life Safety Code Program Manager
New Mexico Department of Health, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Farhad Memarzadeh, PhD, PE, Director, Division of Technical Resources
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.
- James Merrill
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Baltimore, Md.
- Bart Miller, CHFM, CHC, CHSP, CHEP, Director, Construction/Plant Operations
St. Mary Medical Center , Langhorne, Pa.
- Scott H. Miller, AIA, FACHA
Moody Nolan, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
- M. Terry Miller, BSEE, Executive Vice President
GBA, Franklin, Tenn.
- Richard D. Moeller, PE, SASHE, President
CDi Engineers, Lynnwood, Wash.
- Margaret Montgomery, RN, MSN, Practice Management Manager
American College of Emergency Physicians, Irving, Tex.
- R. Gregg Moon, AIA, ACHA, Director, Healthcare Studio
Kaim Associates Inc., Kingwood, Tex.
- Gaius G. Nelson, RA, President
Nelson-Tremain Partnership Architecture and Design for Aging, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Paul T. Ninomura, PE, Mechanical Engineer
Indian Health Service, DHHS, Seattle
- Rick J. Ottolino, AIA, Principal
Ottolino Winters Huebner, St. Louis
- Shawna Perry, MD, FACEP, Director, Patient Safety Systems/Engineering
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Francis M. Pitts, AIA, FACHA, OAA, Principal
architecture+, Troy, N.Y.
- Donald Pyskacek, AIA, Vice President
Universal Health Services, Building Solutions, King of Prussia, Pa.
- John Reiling, MHA, PhD, President & CEO
Safe by Design, LLC, Minneapolis
- Kurt A. Rockstroh, FAIA, FACHA, President/CEO
Vice Chairman, Health Guidelines Revision Committee
Steffian Bradley Architects, Boston
- Jane M. Rohde, AIA, FIIDA, ACHA, AAHID, LEED AP, Principal
JSR Associates, Inc., Ellicott City, Md.
- Chris P. Rousseau, PE, Partner
Newcomb & Boyd, Atlanta
- Wade Rudolph, CBET, CHFM, Facility Services Director
Mayo Clinic Health Systems Franciscan Healthcare, La Crosse, Wisc.
- Louis C. Saksen, AIA, Vice President of Planning and Development
Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas
- Melissa K. Schaefer, MD, Medical Epidemiologist
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta
- James D. Scott, PE, Manager, Health Facilities Engineering Section
Michigan Department of Community Health, Lansing, Mich.
- R. Clay Seckman, PE, Executive Vice President
Smith Seckman Reid, Inc., Nashville
- D. Paul Shackelford, Jr., MD, Associate Medical Director for Quality and Safety
Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, N.C.
- David M. Sine, CSP, ARM,
Safety Logic Systems, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Judith Smith, MHA, President
Smith Hager Bajo, Inc., Ashburn, Va.
- Thomas Smith, Director of Hospital Police and Transportation
UNC Health Care, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- David R. Soens, Director, Division of Quality Assurance
Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Madison, Wisc.
- Jo M. Solet, MS, EdM, PhD, Clinical Instructor in Medicine, Department of Medicine
Harvard Medical School, Division of Sleep Medicine and Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, Mass.
- Joseph G. Sprague, FAIA, FACHA, Senior Vice President
Chairman Emeritus, Health Guidelines Revision Committee
HKS, Inc., Dallas
- Arthur St. André, MD, FCCM, Director, Surgical Critical Care
Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C.
- Joseph J. Strauss, AIA, ACHA, Director, Planning and Design
Cleveland Clinic, Office of Construction and Facilities Administration, Cleveland, Ohio
- Andrew J. Streifel, Hospital Environment Specialist
University of Minnesota Department of Environmental Health & Safety, Minneapolis
- Dana E. Swenson, PE, Senior Vice President/Chief Facilities Officer
UMass Memorial Health Care System, Worcester, Mass.
- Ellen Taylor, AIA, MBA, EDAC, Research Associate/Consultant
The Center for Health Design, Paoli, Pa.
- Phillip A. Thomas, AIA, Project Manager
Golden Living, Fort Smith, Ark.
- Dan R. Thompson, MD, MA, FCCM, Professor of Surgery
Albany Medical College, Albany, N.Y.
- George R. Tingwald, MD, AIA, ACHA, Director of Medical Planning
Facilities Design & Construction Department, Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, Cal.
- Pamela Triplett, RA, Health Care Consultant, Facilities Planning & Safety
Oregon Department of Human Services, Health Services, Salem, Ore.
- Kevin M. Tuohey, Executive Director, Research Compliance
Boston University, Boston
- David B. Uhaze, RA, Chief, Bureau of Construction Project Review
New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Health Care Plan Review, Trenton, N.J.
- Enrique J. Unanue, AIA, ACHA, NCARB, Principal
Code Services, LLC, Springfield, Ill.
- Christopher Upton, AIA, FAAMA, LEED AP, EDAC, Senior Medical Planner
TAYLOR, Irvine, Cal.
- Walter Vernon, PE, Principal
Mazzetti, San Francisco
- Marjorie E. Vincent, RN,
The Garvin Group, Silver Spring, Md.
- Laurie Waggener, RRT, IIDA, AAHID, EDAC, Interior Designer
WHR Architects, Inc., Houston
- Pamela Ward-O’Malley, RA, Project Executive, Center of Excellence in Healthcare
Gilbane Building Company, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Robert White, MD, NICU Medical Director
Memorial Hospital, South Bend, Ind.
- John Williams, Program Manager
Washington State Department of Health, Construction Review Services
- Paula Wright, RN, CIC, Director, Infection Control Unit
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Wayne P. Young, AIA, NCARB, Bureau Chief
Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, Office of Plans and Construction, Tallahassee, Fl.
As a physician, being involved with FGI and the Guidelines revision process allows me to make an impact on the design of health care facilities that will help patients and staff for the lifespan of their buildings, which may be 40 years or more.