2014 Residential Guidelines
The 2014 FGI Guidelines for Design and Construction of Residential Health, Care, and Support Facilities contains minimum recommended program, space, risk assessment, architectural detail, and surface and built-in furnishing needs for nursing homes, hospice facilities, independent and assisted living facilities, and related non-residential support facilities, including wellness centers, day care facilities, and rehabilitation centers. It also addresses minimum engineering design criteria for plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Find out which facility types are included in this document.
- Learn why the Residential Guidelines were developed.
- Find out about the functional programming goals in the Residential Guidelines in the sidebar to this 2014 FGI Guidelines Update Series article.
- Download the latest errata sheets and ASHRAE addenda with corrections.
- Find out more about the Guidelines revision process.
- Review formal interpretations of ASHRAE 170-2013.