2014 Hospital/Outpatient Guidelines
In 2014, for the first time, the Facility Guidelines Institute published two Guidelines documents. The FGI 2014 Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities includes minimum recommended program, space, risk assessment, infection prevention, architectural detail, and surface and built-in furnishing needs for clinical and support areas of hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, and ambulatory care facilities. It also addresses minimum engineering design criteria for plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, the latter by incorporating ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170-2013: Ventilation of Health Care Facilities.
- Find out which facility types are included in this document.
- Review major additions and revisions in the 2014 edition.
- Read the 2014 FGI Guidelines Update Series to learn more about significant changes in the 2014 Hospital/Outpatient Guidelines.
- Access resources mentioned in the 2014 Hospital/Outpatient Guidelines.
- Download the latest errata sheets and ASHRAE addenda.
- Review formal interpretations of the 2014 Guidelines text and of ASHRAE 170-2013.
- Learn about the history and use of the Guidelines.
- Find out more about the Guidelines revision process.